The UK’s favourite Christmas tree variety with long, soft, dark green needles. The Nordman Fir has little scent but good needle holding properties. Typically reaching seven feet in height after eight to nine years, careful pruning during growth helps to create a perfect Christmas Tree.
Traditional Christmas tree from the Victorian era, classic spruce fragrance, short prickly needles. Better harvested closer to Christmas to promote needle retention.
Soft blue-green needles, very fragrant, and good needle retention
America’s favourite Christmas tree, a soft needled narrower tree with good needle retention and nice aroma.
Caring for your tree
We recommend purchasing a tree no earlier than 1 st December. A tree should be treated like any plant being brought into a warm, dry atmosphere.
Before your visit
- Think about the space and positioning of your tree and bring a tape measure to the farm.
- Remember a tree is flammable and should be placed away from direct heat.
Choosing your tree
- Check the needles aren’t dull or dry and the branches aren’t brittle
- Check the outer needles don’t drop when gently shaken
- Keep your tree outside in a cool shaded place, preferably standing in water, until it is required indoors.
- Once indoors, mount it in a water-holding stand or wedge it in a bucket. Keep the container topped up with water every day; you will be surprised how much it needs.